"The Greatest Story Ever Told" is the ninth and final episode of the eleventh season and the 139th and the true final episode of the series overall.
Master Shake and Meatwad are watching a video of Shake photobombing clams from the previous weekend on television. Shake turns off the television and announces that he is, in fact, immortal. He then proceeds to pull out a book called "The Bibble" which he refers to as the Bible. Shake becomes angered when Meatwad corrects him on his error and demands he kneel down and pray to the "Almighty Jimmy", as part of his religion. Frylock enters the room and questions Shake's religion, which promises immortality. Shake states that Frylock isn't eligible for his religion or immortality, before leaving the house with Meatwad. Frylock denounces immortally, before cutting to him washing his fries in Carl's pool with a bottle of "Ceaseless" shampoo.
While Frylock is in the pool Carl comes to question him. Carl picks up the shampoo bottle and reads the label explaining that it gives the user immortally. Carl steals the bottle from Frylock and washes his own hair in his house against Frylock's wishes. Soon after Christopher Lambert abruptly enters Carl's house and explains that Frylock, Carl, and himself are all immortal. To prove this Lambert allows Carl to decapitate him on video. After Lambert successfully comes back to life after decapitation the three of them decide to make a viral internet video of themselves repeatedly committing suicide in different ways.
Meanwhile, Shake and Meatwad are seen in a church alongside eleven other characters from the series, in an homage to The Last Supper. Shake is dressed up as Jesus Christ and is severing his organs and blood for consumption. Frylock, Carl, and Lambert have entered the church and show their video to Meatwad, explaining to him that it is real. Shake in a paranoid state commands everyone in the church to shoot at Frylock, Carl, and Lambert. Everyone in the church complies but are not successful due to the fact that the three of them being immortal. Two police men enter the church and begin shooting several patrons to death, including Shake.
After the shooting Frylock and Carl take Lambert to see a magic show by Unbelievable Ron, to help alleviate his boredom, which he had been expressing throughout the episode. During Ron's performance he accidentally kills his assistant by cutting her in half. Ron uses his powers to turn witnesses in the audience into birds, including Lambert. During the commotion the two police officers return and arrest Frylock and Carl for the murder of Lambert. 35 years in the future Meatwad is visiting Frylock in prison. Frylock explains that Meatwad needs to track down Lambert (in the form of four white birds) to get him and Carl exonerated. Meatwad responds by pulling out a bucket of fried chicken, which annoys Frylock. As the on-screen closing credits start Frylock explains that Meatwad can use the remaining shampoo to become immortal himself. Meatwad asks if they would be on TV forever and Frylock confidently answers yes, before the screen abruptly cuts to the Williams Street production card.
The fourth wall is broken in the post-credits scene were the Aqua Teens are seen in their living room with Carl watching the episode itself on television. Shake, Carl and Frylock each express disappointment in the episode. Meatwad optimistically suggests doing another joke in the show's final seconds, before the screen abruptly cuts to a message stating the episode was made in Georgia (which was used throughout the eleventh season and regularly in other productions made in Georgia), ending the series.
- Master Shake
- Christopher Lambert
- Zucotti Manicotti
- Hand Banana
- Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future
- The Unbelievable Ron
- George Lowe as cop
- Unnamed cop # 2
- Christopher Lambert is beheaded by Carl.
- Frylock is cut in half horizontally with a sword by Carl.
- Carl gets his head shot out of his head by Frylock's eye lasers.
- Frylock is sliced in half vertically with a sword by Carl.
- Carl is decapitated with a sword.
- Carl breaks off pieces of his body and blends them.
- Frylock, Carl and Lambert are all shredded by the environmentally friendly toilet bowl.
- Carl's head pulls out of his body after having his neck tied to car while strapped onto a tree.
- Frylock and Carl both get hit with car.
- Carl is shredded alive by the blades of a helicopter.
- Lambert, Carl and Frylock are bott gun down by several past villains.
- Frylock, Lambert, Carl, Master Shake, Ignignokt, Err, Oglethorpe, Zucotti Manicotti, Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future, Handbanana and Mothmonsterman are all gun down by the police.
- One of Ron's assisstants is cut in half.
- Ron turns several people in the crowd into doves.
- Lambert is killed permenantly when Ron turns him into 3 doves.
- Ron kills himself by turning his head into several doves.
- Carl is electric chaired several times.
- This episode has the highest amount of main/villain character deaths in the whole show.
- Meatwad is the only character to not die.
- The three day gap between the "finale" and this episode was a possible reference to Jesus' resurrection, continuing with the religious parody presented with the episode.
- This is the official series finale of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
- The song "F-Off" is featured in this episode, while Frylock, Carl, and Christopher Lambert repeatedly kill themselves. "F-Off" originally comes from 12 oz. Mouse, another Adult Swim series which Matt Maiellaro was prominently involved in.
- It's possible that the Homeless Guy's name is Jimmy.
- It can be seen that Rabbot, Markula, Emory, Romulox survived the shootout.
- One of the things that Frylock, Carl, and Christopher Lambert kill themselves with is Frylock's toilet from "Total Re-Carl".
- Among the people in the audience at Unbelievable Ron's magic show is the computer repair woman from "Fry Legs" and Michael Kohler from "A PE Christmas".
- Dan from "Grim Reaper Gutters", the hooker from "The Clowning", and the nun from "Gee Whiz" can be seen watching Carl's failed executions.
- Chicken Bittle's name and image appear on the bucket of fried chicken Meatwad brought to Frylock. Bittle is one of the protagonists of the movie Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters.
- The fourth wall was broken at the end when the Aqua Teens & Carl mentioned the end of the series.
Master Shake: Come on, really?
Carl: So that's it. That's how they end this series?
Frylock: Yeah, I guess so.
Meatwad: We still got a few seconds left. Let's do a joke. Let's do like, a joke or something.