"The Granite Family" is the 5th episode of Season 9 and the 115th overall of Aqua Something You Know Whatever.
Shake goes on a tour to the White House, however, he wanders off into the president's office and launches an apocalyptic missile strike on the Earth because he wanted to remake a show he just watched called The Granite Family.
The Aqua Somethings require safety, so they go with Carl to his bomb shelter, after walking in on him making out with a blowup doll as a final act of passion. The power then goes out in the bomb shelter and Carl uses a generator to give them light, though it will only be effective for two and a half hours. Frylock tries to assign certain duties on everyone, and Shake is the one to go up to the surface to dispose of the poop bag.
Shake notices that the Earth is destroyed and not at all like in The Granite Family. Then a man named Time Warner comes from the future but is late to warn Shake not to recreate the show. Frylock, Meatwad and Carl then put on time thongs to prevent Shake from recreating the episode. However, Time Warner then comes down with him to the shelter to put a stop to his shenananigans. Frylock then travels back in time with Meatwad and Carl while Shake beats down Time Warner. Shake travels back to beat down the Shake trying to re-create The Granite Family and Frylock locks out the one stopping the one trying to re-create the show. This creates a paradox that ends up giving Shake presidency. The Shake that stopped the Shake trying to-recreate the Granite Family then mocks Frylock while he bangs on the door, much like in the opening of The Granite Family.
- A promotional image from this episode was used in the "two weeks until premiere" bumper.
- The Granite Family is a parody of The Flintstones.
- The Mooninites make a cameo appearance.
- Like in The and Jumpy George, Err's voice is much deeper and he speaks with a slur. However, this may be because Matt Maiellaro had a cold, which has affected Err's voice in the past.
- This is the first time in a while since the Frydar is used. The last time being in Shake Like Me.
- This is the first episode since Allen Part 1 to not start with the opening theme song, and the first episode in the history of the show to not start with any opening theme song.
- The episode poke fun about the planned Flintstones reboot by Seth MacFarlane (which was rejected). Time Warner represents the company Time Warner and has a Porky Pig like stutter and the fox represents the Fox network (owner of flagship station WNYW) the show was going to be on and also features a Matt Groening like design and a Homer Simpson like voice.
- Time Warner is a representation of the actual Time Warner Company that owns Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, etc.
- The fox says "Sundays at nine!" in Homer's voice. If they are referring to the Simpsons, then it would actually be at eight. However, Family Guy, an animated series created by Seth MacFarlane, regularly airs on FOX at nine on Sunday nights.