"Shake Like Me" is the second episode of the sixth season of Aqua Teen Hunger Force and the 80th episode overall. It was originally featured as an episode on disc two of the ATHF Volume Six DVD Box Set, and officially aired on April 5th, 2009.
Master Shake turns black after being bitten by a radioactive black man when confronting a construction company who is dumping nuclear waste at the house next door. After rapping and showing off his high-jumping skills, Shake reveals he is black, and Frylock creates a test: to see if Shake will swim in Carl's pool. Shake can't, thus proving he's black.
Frylock tries to make Shake white again by drinking milk, watching a hockey game, sniffing avocados and swimming in Carl's pool, but nothing works. Frylock just decides to paint Shake white and cut off his long hair. Meatwad's doll Boxy Brown tells Shake to embrace his black self, and Shake goes outside to play some basketball, but Shake begins to gradually worsen at basketball, his hair and his grill falls out, and he becomes white again. Frylock reveals that he created a "blaccine" and injected it into his orange soda. Shake says he loves Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street band, talks about his 401K, and asks when The Simpsons come on.
- There are over 92 spinners on the house.
- At least 2 bloody accidents happen during the hockey game.
- This episode proves that no one lives in the white house next door.
- The graffiti on the side of the Aqua Teen's house says "Leave Freaks". It is possible that Carl wrote the message.
- Boxy Brown makes his first speaking appearance since the Season 3 finale Carl.
- Boxy Brown says the word "shit" unbleeped twice in this episode.
- Frylock and Mocha Shake-a Zulu can hear Boxy Brown talk, but not Meatwad.
Allusions and ReferencesEdit
- The title is a spoof of the book Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin. The book is a non-fiction account of how the white author passed as a black man and his experiences in the early '60s American South.