Meatwad is one of the four main characters on Aqua Teen Hunger Force. His low intelligence, naivety and trusting nature often causes him to be abused and manipulated by others, most notably Master Shake and the Mooninites.
Meatwad is quite arguably the most childish and dumbest member of the Aqua Teens. He is a gullible and extremely unintelligent character whose child-like innocence is often the target of numerous forms of ridicule and bullying by Master Shake and even The Mooninites. Though Frylock tries to protect him from their abuse and corruption, Meatwad is often too oblivious to realize that he is, in reality, being used by them for their various schemes; in fact, there have been times in the series where he would often side against Frylock in an effort to fit in with his supposed friends.
Despite his child-like persona, Meatwad does seem to possess limited knowledge of adult culture. An example of this is his knowledge of profanity, although due to his childish outlook on life, he is shown to misinterpret certain words and mistake them for another meaning (Meatwad believed that saying "Fart you, Farthead," was how a person dropped an F-bomb).
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Due to his anatomy, Meatwad has the unique and rather impressive ability to shape his body into various shapes and forms, with the most famous forms he has taken on being notably a hot dog and an igloo (as seen in the intro to every episode).
In some instances, Meatwad has also been shown to be able to multiply into several smaller versions of himself should he be sliced in half. The duplicates that he spawns seem to all possess unique personalities that are very similar to the original. The duplicates have also been shown that while they are all in theory parts of Meatwad, they are shown to be smart enough to form what appeared to be a government-style group in which they would discuss various things and make decisions on what course of action that they should take.
As his body is entirely made up of meat, Meatwad is also depicted frequently as being invulnerable to most forms of attack, though he is briefly killed when shot with a shotgun in the movie.
Relationships With Other CharactersEdit
Meatwad and Frylock share a father-son relationship with each other. Despite caring for Frylock, Meatwad frequently ignores his attempts at protecting him, often siding with Master Shake when Frylock voices issue with Shake's asinine plans.
Meatwad is an occasional friend and frequent enemy of Master Shake. Meatwad likes Shake, but Shake is often shown to hate Meatwad, frequently bullying and abusing him every chance he gets, but Allen Part 2 shows that both characters may care about each other. Although Meatwad truly likes Shake, he has stated that he does dislike his tricks. Meatwad and Shake appear to have an ongoing battle for supremacy. Shake often tries to hurt Meatwad or manipulates him into doing manual work, embarrassing things, or helping him with one of his ridiculous plans. Meatwad has, however, managed to outsmart Master Shake with little to no consequences. In "Party All the Time," Meatwad managed to get Shake to eat a scorpion, effectively killing him.
Carl generally does not care about Meatwad's well-being but hangs out with Meatwad more so than Frylock and Shake. He is also shown to be kinder to Meatwad than the rest of the Aqua Teens.
Meatwad sees the Mooninites as his "Runnin' Crew," a group of friends who care about him. In reality, however, the Mooninites do not care at all what happens to Meatwad and have been known to manipulate him into shoplifting, hypnotizing him with a certain belt, scamming him with useless "Moon Master" merchandise, et cetera.
- Meatwad, along with the other Aqua Teens, originally made his debut in the Space Ghost Coast to Coast episode "Baffler Meal". He was very similar to as he is today; he still looked similar, sounded the same, but he was gloomy and depressed. He was also voiced by Dave Willis then.
- Meatwad has no brain and instead uses a plastic brain-shaped squeaky toy as a substitute. The reason for this is that when Dr. Weird created him, he only gave him spray cheese to compensate for a brain.
- Meatwad has also stated that he cannot defecate, urinate, or vomit. He compares this to the Thunderdome, except "Two men enter; no man leaves." This however was later proven false in the episode Chicken and Beans, where Meatwad projectile vomits copiously, all over the sub shop.
- In the episode Der Inflatable Führer Meatwad became Jewish after Adolf Hitler had him circumcised, gave him a bar mitzvah and removed the pork meat from his body.
- In the live-action episode, Last Last One Forever and Ever, Meatwad is played by an exercise ball, but he still has Dave Willis's voice.
- Meatwad made a non-speaking cameo in The Brak Show episode "Brak Street".