Ignignokt is the leader of The Mooninites, who comes down to Earth occasionally to terrorize the Aqua Teens with his companion, Err. He's addicted to whiskey, cigarettes and apathy. Ignignokt has been known to wander around New Jersey with Err spouting "pro-moon" propaganda such as:
- "Some would say that the earth is our moon, but that would belittle the name of our moon which is...the moon."
- "Our culture has advanced beyond all that you can possibly comprehend with 100% of your brain."
- "The moon has 1/3 less gravity than that of your earth. I don't know if you can understand that, but our vertical leap is beyond all measure."
- "Everything we say and do is right."
- "Using a key to gouge explitives in another's vehicle is a sign of trust, and friendship."
- "We do whatever we want to whomever we want at all times."
- "You and your... third dimension. It's cute; we have five."
There seems to be some former bad blood between The Mooninites and The Plutonians during their high school years, leaving a seething hatred towards the Plutonians and thus has started the war of Spacecataz. Starting in Season 3, a segment named Spacecataz replaced the shenanigans of Dr. Weird and Steve during the intro, featuring results of pranks pulled by both sides, including prank calls and water balloon fights.
Ignignokt is the large, green leader of The Mooninites. He has a very condescending tone and is extremely selfish. He and Err both believe the Moon to be thousands of times better than Earth, even though they both spend much time hanging around on it, mainly to bother the Aqua Teens. He lacks the supposed brilliance he claims to have and often resorts to giving the middle finger, otherwise known as "flippin' the bird" and often resorts to yelling obscenities. He also has a handicapped Uncle Cliff, whom he likes to purposely annoy and tries to cash in his checks (which are really just overdue bills) Cliff receives from the Government.
2007 Boston Bomb ScareEditOn January 31, 2007, as part of a national guerrilla campaign, Peter Berdovsky, 27, and Sean Stevens, 28, installed LED displays depicting the Mooninites in eleven different cities: Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, Denver, Austin, San Francisco, and Philidelphia. In Boston, Massachusetts, the authorities considered the LEDs suspicious prompting the closure of major roads and waterways for investigation. Turner Broadcasting System later admitted placing the LEDs and apologized for the misunderstanding. In spite of the uproar, Berdovsky and Stevens mocked the media and critics in interviews while facing charges for "placing a hoax device and disorderly conduct". Subsequently, all criminal charges were dropped in exchange for Berdovsky and Stevens apologizing during their court date and accepting a plea bargain which consisted of community service at the Spaulding Rehabilitation Center. Turner Broadcasting has paid the Boston Police Department one million dollars to cover the investigation’s cost and an additional million for good will. This action was designed to settle criminal and civil claims, while the general manager of Cartoon Network stepped down because of the incident. Of the 10 cities in which the Lite-Brite-like LED displays were placed, only Boston saw them as a matter of concern. The installations had been up for weeks prior to the panic.
- Mayhem of the Mooninites
- Revenge of the Mooninites
- Super Computer
- The Last One
- Moon Master
- Deleted Scenes
- 2-And-a-Half-Star Wars Out Of Five
- Spacecataz (Season 3 cold openings)
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters
- Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am (video game)
- Freedom Cobra (censor)
- Jumpy George
- The Granite Family
- Ignignokt's name is often and widely misspelled at Ignignot or Ignignock.
- Unlike Err, whose facial expression has yet to change, Ignignokt's has changed several times in the series, including a mad face and smiling face.