The episode begins with Meatwad harassing Frylock to try and make pizza appear out of the computer. Frylock is more interested in a news story concerning people seeing the image of a certain religious figure that he can't say the name of because of "Standards and Practices." He shows Meatwad a brief video on the subject, which becomes a running gag through the remainder of the episode, then raises his doubts as to the actuality of the image which is referred to as "Gee Whiz".
Meatwad, in the meantime, rolls over to a billboard for a gun store that includes said image (which Frylock claims not to be able to see) and prays for pizza, offering money to make the prayer come true. Frylock catches him and takes him home. Master Shake, who has been hiding the whole time, tries to take Meatwad's money but has flaming arrows shoot at him.
Back at the Aqua Teens' home Meatwad learns he is pregnant, to the anger of Shake and the amazement of Frylock, who head over to the billboard where Shake tries to make Frylock see the image. Again, Frylock can't see it and Shake has flaming arrows shoot at him when he takes Gee Whiz's name in vain.
After a baby shower for Meatwad Frylock decides to try and make a sonogram of the baby, revealing the horrible truth—Meatwad's "pregnancy" is in fact a colony of spiders that have entered his body and grown. Meatwad's stomach explodes shortly thereafter and Frylock and Shake flee the house while it fills with spiders.
Once outside the two, as well as Carl, run into Ted Nugent. Nugent shoots Carl with a flaming arrow, warning him not to move, and tells Shake and Frylock that it was his image they had seen on the billboard. Carl's body explodes and (revisiting a joke from earlier in the episode) a rainbow shoots out. Frylock and Shake are happy, yet curse out S&P to end the episode.
- George Lowe
- Nun (non-speaking)
- "Standards & Practices" Announcer
- Master Shake
- Homeless Guy
- Ted Nugent
- An unnamed nun is killed two times with a shotgun by the announcer.
- Meatwad is presumably eaten/killed by the hundreds of baby spiders.
- Carl is shot in the arm with a flaming arrow by Ted Nugent, causing his upper body to explode.
- The original title of this episode was "Gee Whiz," however for three weeks it was listed as both "Nuge" and "The Nuge." The official title of the episode was changed back to "Gee Whiz" the night before it aired on Adult Swim.
- The homeless man who thinks he is "Gee Whiz" is the same man who appears in the episode "Spirit Journey Formation Anniversary and later episodes.
- When Carl is telling Meatwad to have his baby yank a Lamborghini out of mid-air, Meatwad says "I'm afraid that would be a vulgar display of his power", a nod to the Pantera album "A Vulgar Display of Power" or to a line from the film "The Exorcist".
Allusions and References
- Frylock: Oh wait... that's the Necronomicon.
The Necronomicon Ex Mortis, or "Book of the Dead," is a fictional tome created by H.P. Lovecraft and was the book used by Ash (Bruce Campbell) and company to unleash evil in the The Evil Dead films. The Necronomicon was also seen in Jason Goes to Hell in the Vorhees' house.