The Aqua Teens, (also known as Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and briefly known as Aqua Teen Investigations and Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1), were a group of fast food items that briefly solved crimes. Though Master Shake, an incompetent milkshake, liked to think himself the leader, it was Frylock that solved most of the cases. This concept was abandoned after a few episodes, but it was later revisited during Season 8.
The "Aqua Teens" title was brought back in "Banana Planet".
Master Shake, Frylock, Meatwad, and Chicken Bittle were created by Dr. Weird. He originally intended on them killing themselves by driving into a brick wall, but Frylock prevented this from happening and the Aqua Teens defected from Dr. Weird.
- Chicken Bittle is the fourth Aqua Teen member, and another of Dr. Weird's creations. He makes his debut in Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters. Unlike the other members, Chicken Bittle was loyal to Dr. Weird, being willing to kill himself by crashing into a brick wall. Though Frylock prevented the plane from crashing, Chicken Bittle is later eaten by a lion in Africa.
- Napkin Lad is the supposed fifth Aqua Teen member. He was originally supposed to make his debut in Baffler Meal, but he was rejected. He later makes his debut in Last Dance for Napkin Lad.
- Although the show has no continuity, it is worth noting that Frylock mentions in "Kidney Car" that their detective business was not making them a whole lot of money.
- In Robositter, Frylock said that they haven't had a case in three years.
- In Season 8, the concept of them being detectives returned, though they were no longer called the Aqua Teens. Their new group was called the Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1.